31 October 2011

Sesto Calende - La Parte Finale

After two weeks, we concluded our ground school. Everybody got thru with the final exam except me... the panel found that my result is just about the line. So, I was called for oral exam. They said that I maybe confused with the answers... I may know the answer but I highlight the wrong answer... So, the oral exam begins and finally they said that I passed the exam. What a relief! After that we all got our certs for completing the ground school.
This means that we are ready for our next stage, which is the simulator flying. At this time, the second group arrived. They will go 2-weeks of ground school, and after that simulator flying and the actual flying.
My flying mate for simulator is my commander himself, Kept Izhar. But the schedule is challenging. Most of our sorties are during night time - and at some point, we started our simulator tarining at 2am! The simulator training consists of two hours of simulator flight, with one hour for each pilot.
Not much I can say about the training - its just that we managed to complete the training within the scheduled period given. And we are ready for our 3rd stage - which is the actual flying!
For the actual flying, we are planned to go for 5 hours of flying around Sesto Calende area. Further divided into three session: one hour for General Handling, two hours for Instrument and General Handling and the final two hours for exam.
I am not inted to comment much on this part of flying. For me, they (the instructors and the company) can do much better if they can enhance their PR skills.... thats all.
By the way, since no plannin for us during weekends, the second group decided to go to Venice - which is about 3hours of driving from Sesto Calende. I decided not to join them, instead, went to Milan again... to add up a few more souveniors before we go home to Malaysia!
To make it short, we got thru the flying phase and technically, we are among the first Malaysian who got "the licence" to fly the AW 139... The final flight for the exam was on Friday, and our flight back to Malaysia is on Sunday 11pm.
After 5 weeks in Italy, I missed my family like crazy... especially the kids!

Finally, on Monday afternoon, we touched down at KLIA and.... the kids .... how I missed them a lot... Hopefully, one day, I can bring them to Milan or Sesto Calende again, maybe for holiday...
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment