27 April 2009

My dearest kids ...

Its been a very tiring week for me …

With day and night continuous flying, its sure a hectic week for any of us.

My dearest kids,
Currently I am doing the course to be an aircraft commander. Which means I can command the aircraft and fly the aircraft “alone”. But, my dearest kids, its not that easy as it sounds. I think I am too old for this. No, I am not saying that I ll quit, not even surrender, BUT I am just too old for this.

Just for your information,
I am doing all this just because of my father, Alwi b. Hj Omar. He left us all on 1st April 2006. I missed him a lot, and still miss him whenever I mention his name. Again, as I said, I am doing all this (the aircraft captain course) just because of my father. No other reason. Not even for myself. Of course, the pay after that… I will get an increment of about RM1000. But that increment is also not for me. Its for you all my dearest kids. I love you all with all my heart. That’s why I am struggling to give you the best you deserved. Then, you will ask,” If its for your father, and the money for us, what is that for you?” – The answer is simple my child. Nothing. Nothing for myself. I don’t want anything. For this particular moment, all I want is to be with my father. That’s all. I don’t deserve any of this. If one day, they promote me to a higher rank, that is also for my father. I rather work alone in the field, for myself alone. Its enough for me. But for you, my love, I cant do that right now. Right now, what I have to do is to complete the course, get to be an aircraft captain, get a fair pay for that….and give you what you deserve to get. I ll miss you all, my love and I will always love you with all my heart. Take care, for I cant be there at all times whenever you need me. Not like now. When you sleep, you want me to be by your side. When you quarrel among your siblings, you come to me, when you want somebody to wash you, you called me, when I came home everyday, you were eager to tell me what happened to you in school, you even wait for me to do the homeworks given. I ll miss all that, I am sure I will. But for now, let me work hard for you … for your future …

Till then, take care my child – just promise me this kind of life will not repeat again for you all. Take care, salammm.

Your Walid,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment